We encourage parents to take an active part in nursery by:
- Attending parents and open evenings and assemblies
- Attending PAP sessions (Parents as Partners) which encourages parents to observe and spend time with their child in the Nursery setting and talk to their child’s practitioners.
- Attending fundraising and social events
- Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress with the staff, sharing their own special interests with the children.
- Taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum provided by the Early Years.
- Support us in providing healthy snacks for children to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We use the online system EYLog to document every child’s learning journey.
EYlog includes a collection of different documents, which helps to provide a picture of a child’s development under the areas of learning identified in the EYFS document ‘Development Matters’.
The aim is to build a unique picture of a child, what s/he knows, feels and can do as well as his / her particular interests and learning style. This picture is then used to pinpoint learning priorities and plan relevant and motivating learning experiences. We encourage parents to contribute to their child’s learning journey on EYlog, by sharing information regarding their child’s progress at home, with their Key Practitioner.
Use the link below to view and contribute to your child’s observations: landoflearning.eylog.co.uk