Designated Governor: Mr Mustaq Master
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs R Mall
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Ms S Vania
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs S Salloo
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs F Bobat
Status and Review Cycle: On-going with Annual renewal
Next Review Date: September 2022
Local Authority Designated Officer: Jill Parker 0116 454 2440
Leicester Safeguarding Children Board Leicester Procedures: http://llrscb.proceduresonline.com/index.htm
Our School Commitment
Land of Learning Nursery and Primary School is committed to providing a safe, caring and nurturing environment where every child is able to reach their full potential free from harm, abuse and discrimination. All staff and volunteers are expected to discharge their safeguarding responsibilities effectively and recognise that high self- esteem, confidence, peer support and clear lines of communication with trusted adults helps all children, especially those at risk of or suffering abuse, to thrive.
Our school will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel safe, secure, valued and respected and feel confident as are encouraged to talk, believing they will be effectively listened to.
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- Provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm, and ensure we, the school, contribute to assessments of need and support for those children.
- Include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for PSHE which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe and / or communicate their fears or concerns about abuse.
- Ensure that every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
- To ensure that all staff working within our school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including verification of their identity, qualifications, and a satisfactory DBS check (according to guidance).