F2 – Curriculum Overview
The Early Years Foundation Stage – EYFS is delivered in our setting. The curriculum is planned and structured to ensure children are kept healthy, safe and provided with opportunities to gain the knowledge and skills to begin school. There are 4 guiding principles which we abide by in our setting. These are:
1. Understanding that every child is unique, who is constantly learning to be resilient, confident and self-assured
2. Supporting children in learning to become strong and independent through positive relationships
3. Providing enabling environments with teaching and support from adults in order to learn and develop
4. The importance of learning, development and assessment
Through thorough and regular observations, and a sound knowledge of the child, staff will assess and evaluate developmental rates, and working within EYFS Framework we are able to plan and offer an individually appropriate curriculum to progress with confidence to the National Curriculum at the age of 5.
The framework sets out 3 prime areas of learning which underpin everything during Early Years, and 4 specific areas to support children to strengthen and apply the prime areas.
Areas of learning we cover are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Long Term Plan